Saturday, February 26, 2011

Pink Saturday Is Not Over Yet!

Saturday is not quite over so I'm going to go ahead and post my Pink Saturday contribution before I'm officially too late! I have three images this week to share with you pink lovers. "Aries" is true and through digital art with a multitude of layers. I softened it by adding swirls, circles, and sweet peas. I thought it would look more girly that way. I also changed the colors from red-tones to pinks just for Pink Saturday.
Below is a watercolor print painting. I stumbled on this technique quite by accident one afternoon. Water dripped on the original black and white print. I thought I had ruined it until I found that I could just paint with it instead. In this image, I painted several layers - allowing each layer to dry before adding another.

This one is a watercolor/acrylic painting I completed several years ago. I slightly changed the color in photoshop to a brighter pink. Now it's more fitting for a perfectly wonderful Pink Saturday.
I do hope you had a terrific Pink Saturday! Don't forget to hop over to Beverly's for more Pink!
You can click on the Pink Saturday image over there in the right sidebar. :~}

1 comment:

  1. I love your "Aries" creation! It is so gorgeous with the beautiful colors and swirls! I am an Aries and I adore sweet peas...this is just great!
    Kathleen

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog today! I hope you will come back again soon!