Thursday, April 19, 2012

Recipe Sharing


Every once in a while I find time to play in the kitchen.  Recently I was in the mood for something Greek and so I created the following.  I would love to hear from you if you try these recipes or have a favorite to share as well.  

Olive Tapenade


1 Jar Pitted Kalamata Olives – finely chopped
1 Jar Pimento stuffed Green Olives – finely chopped
¼ Jar Almond stuffed Green Olives – finely chopped
1-2 Cloves Garlic – minced
1-2 T Sweet Onion – minced
1 tsp Kalamata olive juice
Mix all together and chill.
 
I make a Greek pizza with this tapenade but it is also a
great spread on a toasted, buttered bagel and broiled with
a slice of cheese on top.  I prefer Swiss cheese on this one.

Naan style Greek Pizza


1 Pkg. Naan Bread
Seeds of  Change Greek dressing
1 container of Feta Cheese
1-2 Lbs. Ground Lamb
1 Small sweet onion – minced
1 Small Zucchini – thinly sliced
OPT.  Fresh Baby Spinach
OPT.  Marinated Artichoke Hearts
OPT.  Sliced Olives (I use tapenade) 
2-3 Cloves of Garlic
8 Dashes of Chili Pepper Flakes
Salt and Cracked Pepper
Grated Mozzarella Cheese

Seasoned  Ground Lamb


Brown 1-2 Lbs. Ground Lamb with minced sweet onion,
garlic, salt, pepper, and chili flakes.

Spread dressing over Naan Bread.  Top with seasoned lamb,
tapenade, any optional ingredients, Feta cheese, and
mozzarella cheese. 
Bake at 350 for 7-10 minutes then broil to brown top.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting my blog today! I hope you will come back again soon!