Sunday, June 10, 2012

Sunday Brunch


Need some new recipes for Sunday Brunch?  Here are some of my favorites...

Easy Creamy Basil-Garlic Shrimp

By JoanMarie

Sautee minced onions, garlic and basil in 2 T. butter with ½ T EVOO 

Add 2 T flour to make paste.  Add 1 C milk, stirring until thickened.  If it becomes too thick, add more milk.  Add shrimp and peas.  Add seasonings to taste.  Serve over rice, toast, or potatoes.

 Note:  You can use fresh or canned shrimp for this recipe.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This is the best Blueberry Buckle recipe I've ever found!  It is so delicious - You'll want to eat the whole pan!  Yummmmmmy!

Blueberry Buckle

By DJB on March 12, 2003
Photo
Photo by Hey Jude
9 Reviews
  • timer
  • Prep Time: 30 mins
  • Total Time: 1 hrs 20 mins
  • Servings: 6

About This Recipe

"This delicious blueberry dessert can be served as a dessert with a meal or a breakfast dish. It's wonderful!"

Ingredients

    Cake

    • 2 cups flour
    • 3/4 cup sugar
    • 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
    • 3/4 teaspoon salt
    • 1/4 cup shortening
    • 3/4 cup milk
    • 1 eggs
    • 2 cups blueberries, thawed and drained

    Topping

    • 1/2 cup sugar
    • 1/3 cup flour
    • 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
    • 1/4 cup softened butter

    Glaze

    • 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
    • 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
    • 1 1/2 teaspoons hot water

Directions

  1. Blend flour, sugar, baking powder, shortening, salt, milk and eggs.
  2. Beat for 30 seconds.
  3. Stir in blueberries.
  4. Sprinkle with topping.
  5. Bake 50 minutes at 375 degrees.
Drizzle immediately with glaze.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chicken Lasagna By JoanMarie

1 Roasted Chicken – Cubed
1 Large can Cream of chicken soup
½ C Chicken broth –or- milk
1-2 C Mozzarella cheese – Grated
½- ¾ C Parmesan cheese – Grated
1 Small Minced Onion
1 Minced Jalapeno
2-4 Cloves Minced Garlic
½ C Grated Zucchini and Carrots
Chili pepper flakes
Salt and Pepper
9 Lasagna noodles
Optional – Basil or Italian seasoning

 
Boil noodles as directed.  Drain and set aside to cool.  (A little evoo on the noodles will help them from sticking together.)  Sautee onion, jalapeno, zucchini, and carrot.  Add garlic last.  Set aside to cool.  In large mixing bowl, mix cream of chicken soup with ½ C of chicken broth or milk.  Add vegetable mixture and chicken, stir.  Add seasonings, stir.  In greased 9x13 pan, layer noodles, sauce, and cheeses ending with cheese on top.  Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 1 hour.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
***I have no idea why this blog has a mind of it's own but it certainly does.  What I copy and paste from my word program looks totally different than the end results on this blog.  Do any of you have that same problem and if so - how do you fix it?  Well, I suppose I shouldn't be such a perfectionist about it, right?  I suppose I should just accept that it is what it is.  ; )

 

 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Joan,

    I wish I lived a bit closer, then we could have regular brunches. :) I hope all is well with you and yours. I am sorry to be so quiet lately. Please rest assured though that you are often thought of! :)

    Hugs,
    your friend
    Birgit

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog today! I hope you will come back again soon!