Hot and Sour Soup is on my mind today. After many different attempts to make a decent hot and sour soup, I have finally found one I love. I found the recipe online but sorry to say I don't remember where. Here is the original recipe followed by how I have made it twice now.
Hot and Sour Soup
Chicken broth (4 Cups)
Mushrooms
Bamboo Shoots...
2 cloves Garlic
1 tsp. Ginger (original recipe called for 2 tsp.)
1 T Balsamic Vinegar
3 T Rice Vinegar
1 T Chili Sauce
3 T Soy Sauce
2 T Brown Sugar
2 T Corn Starch to 2 T. Water
1 tsp. sesame oil (original recipe called for 2 tsp.)
4 sliced green onions
Combine all ingredients, heat, and enjoy.
My 1st version:
Sautee my onion mix (onion, jalapeno, shallot, leek, lite salt, and red chili pepper flakes) with chopped bok choy, snap peas, broccolini, and roasted chicken. Add to the above recipe minus the bamboo shoots and the mushrooms.
My 2nd version:
Sautee my onion mix (above) with chopped asparagus, snap peas, bok choy, broccoli stems, mushrooms, and barbecue pork. Add to the above ingredients minus the bamboo shoots.
On both versions, I used a red chile garlic sauce instead of a bottled chili sauce. I also use reduced sodium chicken broth and a reduced sodium soy sauce.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for visiting my blog today! I hope you will come back again soon!