In photoshop, I layered the foreground onto the background
and lightened the background using a blending tool.
Then I added the recipe text, flatten the image, and saved to my file.
During the winter months we like to cook lots of soup, chowder, and stews.
I seem to use the same base for most milk based soups and chowders.
Here are a couple you might want to try.
Base:
2-6 T butter
2-6 T flour
1 medium onion - diced very tiny
2-3 stalks of celery - diced very tiny (optional)
2 cloves garlic - minced (optional)
1-2 jalapeno - diced very tiny (optional)
8-10 potatoes - peeled and diced
potatoe stock from boiled potatoes
Boil potatoes in stock pot for approximately 20 minutes.
Drain and reserve potato stock in bowl.
In stock pot, add the butter and onions and saute until onions are clear.
Add enough flour to form a rue (paste)
Add the potato stock slowly, stirring constantly.
When it thickens, add other ingredients.
********
For clam chowder, you need to add the diced celery to the onion saute'
Add 2-3 cans of clams - finely minced
1/2 bottle of clam nectar
1/2 tsp parsley
1/8 tsp dill
1/8 tsp marjoram
1/8 tsp mace
dash of cayenne (optional)
salt and pepper to taste
Add enough milk to cover all ingredients and/or thin
This is a great recipe to add sour cream or bacon to as well.
********
For SW Scallop Ham Soup, you need to add the jalapeno and garlic to the onion saute'
Add 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, 1/2 cup light cream,
and 2 cups diced cooked ham
Season with salt, pepper, and cayenne
Add enough milk to thin to a soup consistency
These are recipes I created while playing top chef in my kitchen! ;)
I hope you'll give them a try and let me know what you think.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for visiting my blog today! I hope you will come back again soon!