Monday, January 10, 2011

I miss the bluebirds

If at first you don't succeed, try, try again and that is exactly what the bluebird did. He tried and tried to make the house nice enough for a future wife but he just couldn't succeed. For a few years, one by one kept rejecting the home. Then finally one liked his place and for the next two years they had many babies.
I so enjoyed watching them come and go. I read an article about bird houses needing to be cleaned out once a year so there wouldn't be any chance of disease or bacteria that could be fatal to the birds so...once I thought the birds were gone for the winter, I decided I should clean out the house. To my surprise when I opened the front... the wife was staring right back at me. Obviously I apologized to her and quickly closed the front. Then I waited. I waited until right before spring...before there were any sitings of the two love birds or so I thought. I carefully lifted the front panel but again, to my surprise, I found 5 little blue eggs waiting for momma to return. So again, I closed the front panel and just prayed they wouldn't get sick. It must have been ok because a while later there were several young ones learning to fly.
This memory inspired me to find an image of a bluebird which I did find in my Dover Publications folder...again. I must add that I have been very lucky with Dover Publications free samples. I added the heart, another background, a lighting effect, and several custom shape frames from Photoshop CS.

"The Heart of Nature"

1 comment:

  1. Joan, Your bluebird collage is so sweet. The title is perfect. The blue heart tag is my favorite element, it goes with your story so well. It makes me hopeful for Spring to come early, like now would be fine with me. lol

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog today! I hope you will come back again soon!