Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Two winter recipes

Here are two recipes that I just made and really enjoyed.  I hope you enjoy them too.


WINTER'S STEW

Peel and chop a sweet potato, rutabaga, turnip, red and gold potato, golden beet, carrot, celery, onion, minced garlic, (optional minced scallion, shallot, leek, jalapeno), chopped red-orange-or-yellow pepper into a crock pot slow cooker. Add enough chicken broth to cover vegetables, salt, pepper, sage, thyme, parsley, red chili pepper flakes, and bay leaves. (Meat is optional) Cook on high for about 2-3 hours. Reduce to low and simmer until ingredients are tender.


CHICKEN CASSOULET

Kielbasa (I use low fat turkey kielbasa), 1 finely chopped medium onion, 1/2 C finely chopped carrots, 1 roasted chicken off the bone, 1 tsp of minced garlic, 1 bay leaf, 1 can of black beans, chicken broth, and parsley. AND here is what you do: Saute' the onion and carrot. Add cut up kielbasa and lighty sear. Add chicken broth, seasonings, chicken, and beans. Bring to boil and then simmer for 8-10 minutes.

I added some orzo and whole grain rice with red quinoa. Pretty simple and is really yummy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting my blog today! I hope you will come back again soon!