Sunday, February 22, 2009

Ghost of Mascarade for SundayPostcardArt challenge

"Ghost of Mascarade"
This is my entry for the Sunday Postcard Art challenge at:
http://sundaypostcardart.wordpress.com/2009/02/22/mardi-gras/
Uniquely ghostly, don't you think? And you all know how I love purple!
I have to say I had no idea where this was going when I first started it. Sometimes you just have to go where the images take you. I really enjoyed creating this one and hope you enjoy it too.
Are you all getting ready for Mardi Gras? If you enjoy attending activities for Mardi Gras, you can find these beautiful masks online from one of many costume shops. I was really impressed by the beauty of so many of them. They're listed under Venetian masks.
Actually, I would love to have one (or more) as a wall decor. They look much better on the site because they don't look like ghosts! ; )

12 comments:

  1. Wow this is outstanding.
    Fantastic postcard. Love them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous postcard!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cool! I'm thinking Amadeus at the masked ball.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooooo. Uniquely ghostly indeed! Things that go bump in the night in purple!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like it! It's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You could make a mask for your wall. Paper mache is a great way to make one. Seriously, working in 3D is fun! Oh yeah, I DO love this postcard!
    (hey)Jude
    www.strawmountainblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this card, Joan! It is definately ghostly..and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog today! I hope you will come back again soon!