Saturday, May 1, 2010

It's Pink Saturday!

Happy Pink Saturday Everyone!
I thought it would be nice to focus on Spring with a short tour of my last day out.
I figured I might as well take some photos while I was out and about and I really
thought I would find lots of pink but I guess I was just a bit too early for the
flowers that will probably be in bloom next week. Luckily, my daughter and
I finally found the most beautiful rhododendrons in hot pink! Absolutely perfect for Pink Saturday and May Day! So, I hope you enjoy the short tour.
A Sure Sign that Spring has Arrived!

The barn has a new coat of paint this year. It looks like a dark carnation color. And there are always hanging plants just in time for Mother's Day! Doesn't that look wonderful?

Here are some local flowers to add color to your garden.

My daughter and I spotted these beautiful rhododendrons while we were running errands and we just had to stop and take some pictures!

I wonder what color the rhody will be that hasn't bloomed yet?

Now wouldn't these flowers make the perfect Hawaiian Lei?

I wish you could really see how bright of pink these were. This pic is close to the real color. I hope you enjoyed the tour and the flowers on this lovely Pink Saturday!

In closing, I wish you a Happy Birthday Pink Saturday and a Happy May Day to everyone else!

View more of Pink Saturday's Celebration at:

http://howsweetthesound.typepad.com/my_weblog/

3 comments:

  1. Hi Joan,

    Oh, I wish I could have joined you and your daughter on this outing. All this pink greatness! :)

    Hugs and Happy Pink Saturday,
    Birgit

    ReplyDelete
  2. These flowers have put out their best blooms for your photos! They look lovely. Happy Pink Saturday!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog today! I hope you will come back again soon!