Thursday, March 31, 2011

Name Those Critters Challenge ends April 4th

It's not too late to submit names for those cute little critters but it is going to end soon - So...if you want a chance to win a surprise...you need to do that very soon! I will be announcing the winning names on April 4th. You really don't want to miss out on the surprise, do you? Ok. I've been really good at not spoiling the surprise but one can only hold out so long! So I thought I could give just a few hints which you can read at the end of this post.


What I really wanted to post this last evening of March is what has been on my mind through this month - Japan. I've never been one who believes in taking high risks. It has become so evident that my convictions seen through this devastating disaster in Japan were correct. Nuclear power plants are, and in my opinion, always will be in a high risk category. I don't care how many precautions we humans think we can take...we are no match against Mother Nature. Now the big question - the controversial question has become where we go from here. Perhaps you have some views you would like to share? Here's what I will do. For every comment/view/statement left on this blog post, I will donate $1.00 (up to a maximum of $100.00) to the Red Cross Japan Relief funds. I do hope you will participate.


And I also wanted to share my new digital piece. I have been painting and using PS CS to create Asian images since I began Reiki quite a few years ago. I seem to fall into a quiet, calm, zen mode while creating these. That, alone, has provided me with countless hours of stress reducing therapy. In essence, I feel that I have received an abundance of gifts from that culture. In this image, my thoughts were of giving back and I hope I have conveyed that message.


So here we are at the end of my post and here are a few hints.


1] When I think of Japan, I think of pearls. [2] When I think of Japan, I think of symbolism. [3] The American Southwest is famous for this type of natural stone. [4] I could save this for Christmas in July but why wait? [5] This is something you could wear on your head if it were not so small! [6] This is something you use to unlock something...but you wear this instead.


There you have it...all the hints. Do you think you have a clue to what the surprises might be? I guess you'll have to come back on April 4th to find out! In the meantime - Have a great Friday!

3 comments:

  1. No matter how bad a day I'm having...you always inspire me! Your kindness and generosity is uplifting! I also love Asian art...it has a wonderful, peaceful quality about it. Your new piece of art is beautiful! It's bright and cheerful and conveys your thoughts beautifully!

    Kathleen

    P.S. Your clues have left me clueless LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dearest Joan,

    You have such a dear heart and once again I am happy to have you as my friend. I recently didn't feel much like writing or blogging. Like you the tragedy in Japan has been on my mind a lot.

    When I was in school, we always discussed alternative energy forms -- wind and water and the like. While some alternative energy power plants have been built over the years, the focus is still on traditional power plants as well as nuclear power plants. I am glad that my government now seriously thinks of shutting down all nuclear power plants no matter the costs. For me, that's a step in the right direction. It's just sad that first the tragedy in Japan had to happen...

    I will be sure to leave a comment on your name the cute critters post -- what a sweet idea and great contest!

    Your Asian collage is just wonderful -- love it!

    As for your clues -- hmm... I think of turquoise (hint 3) and key (hint 6). Very mysterious! :)

    Hugs,
    Birgit

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the invitation to come play! I too love Asain things and I love to go to Japantown when I am in San Francisco. I adore the books that they publish and I love the seasonal catalog magazines that they have, they are so fun!
    As for your clues...I find them puzzling pearls, they come in shell, a symbol maybe a lucky charm,keeping something for Christmas in July-a stocking, a hat is worn on the head, Turquoise, and a key
    I give up! Please reveal!
    Gigi

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog today! I hope you will come back again soon!