Sunday, November 13, 2011

Digital Montage Studios Challenge - Textures

The challenge this month is textures. There are textures everywhere! I have to say this gave me a wonderful excuse to have a camera play day. Well, not exactly a whole day... more like 20 minutes before the sun went down. You might be surprised at how many pics you can take in a very short time and since you might be rushing a bit, you never know what the final results will be until you stop clicking and start checking. The following two examples will show you what I mean by that followed by the results of what happened when I combined them.
There are so many textures on my weeping tree. Even as it was getting dark out, I snapped a quick picture. I was so delighted with the results, I just had to use it for this challenge.

Here are four layers of textures. Starting from the bottom - Pavement, then pine needles, a ground cover surrounded by teeny tiny pine cones, and one larger pine cone on top.

And here is the final result that I enhanced in Photoshop CS. This challenge was so much fun that I might just have to create a few more images. Thank you Cynthia for another great challenge! http://dmstudiochallenge.blogspot.com/2011/11/november-2011-challenge.html

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Thank you so much for playing this month!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like working with texture, so it's always fantastic to see texture collages. What a great job of bringing those photos together!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog today! I hope you will come back again soon!