Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Texture Images for two Challenges

I've been having some fun again with textures! I thought you might like to see the layers of texture I used for the background and effects in my finished Deer in the Woods Image to give you an idea of how I work on one of my play days. Perhaps it will inspire some of you to give it a try! It really is quite fun!

I began this venture with one of Nancy Donaldson's beautiful encaustic textures that she has so generously allowed us to use. You can find the challenge at her site using the texture images provided at: http://allpulpedout.blogspot.com/search/label/challenge

Next, I layered this photo of my old cherry tree from a previous winter. Once I added that, I then used the multiply effect and that was quite pretty but I still wanted to play a little more.

So, I layered this really cool photo of one of my star junipers, rotated it to the bottom of the image, and blended it. I couldn't use all of it so I used the eraser to remove what I didn't need.

By this stage, I felt it needed a deer so I went to Google free images and found this beauty! It worked out perfectly! All that was left to do was a bit more tweaking and I was finished. Here is the final creation.

1 comment:

  1. This is one of my faves...it's so nicely done! I also love to see the images used...it never ceases to amaze me!

    Kathleen

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog today! I hope you will come back again soon!