Saturday, March 21, 2009

Gothic Arches Challenge - Vernal Equinox (Spring)

Here is my entry for the Gothic Arches Challenge - Vernal Equinox... which will be posted tomorrow. It's going on my blog today so I don't forget tomorrow. (I'm usually late so I figured this time it's better to be just a wee bit early then late!) I hope to have captured a bit of the spring theme along with the approaching Easter season. I do believe that Spring is my favorite season as it is the season of rebirth. I know when it's officially spring by seeing the baby calves in the fields down the way. The other give-away is the new sprouts coming up in the garden from what laid dormat through the winter. AND of course...the grass gaining height to say it's time to get that lawn mower out again! : ) It must be close now - I just noticed how much the grass has grown the past two weeks! Anyway, I would like to thank Gothic Arches for such a wonderful theme as this! You can see more at: http://gothicarches.ning.com/
-Vernal (Spring) Equinox is when there are equal parts of day and night.-

15 comments:

  1. Wow this is very impressive.
    Fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the way the butterfly and the flower are emerging from ythe dark background.
    Ali xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely arch, love the mix of flower and butterfly images, and the idea of an archway to spring!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous arch - makes me want to jump through that portal! :) Happy Spring!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a VERY gothic arch! Strong colours. I love the 3D effect with the small flowers in the front.

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful spring arch!! love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, you can see a splash of spring there. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So different, yet so beautiful, Joan, love the archway - perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  9. fantastic spring arch! I love the composition!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous arch. Beautiful design x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fascinating arch--very pretty and unique!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a gorgeous arch! I love your interpretation and layered images - it really draws the viewer in. Stunning!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog today! I hope you will come back again soon!