This was a difficult challenge image for me to wrap my creative head around. For days I didn't have a clue to how to work with her. While searching the free samples at Dover Publication today, I found some historic pictures of steamliners in the 1930's and like magic, an idea appeared. I hope you enjoy this travel back in time as much I have enjoyed learning more about it through the creation of this image.If you would like free samples of images through Dover Publications, you can go to:
http://www.doverpublications.com/sampler/0306/
On March 8th, you can go to:
http://www.mind-wideopen.blogspot.com/ to view the entries for this month's challenge. At that time, it will be open for voting. Everything you need to know for casting your vote is listed on the mind-wideopen blog. It should be interesting to see what everyone created for this challenge.
Very cool, Joan! I think you found the magic alright!
ReplyDeleteWhat a lovely and imaginative piece you have done, Joan! I love the idea..excellent work!
ReplyDeleteThanks for taking a look at my entry and for leaving comments! This was a difficult image to work with. My first goal was to clean up the image of the woman. I'm sure a professional in photography would know all the tricks in photoshop to do that, however, I did not. So, this step was very time consuming but very important in the developement of growing as a digital artist.
ReplyDeleteThe second step was also time consuming in finding just the right image(s) to convey the theme of jouney. (Keep in mind that the images must be copyright free) I'm thankful that Birgit shared the link to Free samples from Dover Publications since that is where I discovered the steamliner images.
Once I found that...the rest fell into place.
My great grandparents traveled to America leaving their homelands of Sweden and Norway so I suppose this has more meaning for me than it would for others.
Thanks again...Hugs!
BTW Tacey...I hope you feel better real soon! I missed you during your absence!
fantastic!!!
ReplyDeleteYour submission is fantastic - it reminds me of a movie poster!
ReplyDeleteAnd thank you for the Dover Publications freebies link - I signed up!