Friday, February 26, 2010

Pink Saturday Challenge

Hi Everyone! These are my first entries to Pink Saturday's Challenge.
I decided to start out with a pet theme beginning with "Midnight and her pups".
We first saw Midnight in the neighborhood when she came looking for her pups that she seemed to have misplaced. Two by two, neighbors brought puppies to me until I had six in total. We decided to corral them outside behind a chicken wire fence so the mom could get to them for feedings. She came and went daily through the following weeks until the pups were old enough to have new homes after which, Midnight, we thought, went home. When she appeared again weeks later, she looked malnourished so we fed her...again...daily. We couldn't claim her as ours because we found out who owned her. One day a police officer knocked on our door asking if the dog was ours and when I had to say no, he took her away to the pound. It was a very upsetting day to say the least. The officer later called to tell me the owner now claimed that the dog was ours so off to the pound I went to retrieve a very frightened dog. I took her to the vet who told me it looked like she had been spayed. I thought "Great!" we wouldn't have to worry about that. Well, several months passed when I noticed that she looked swollen in the tummy. Apparently she wasn't spayed after all! More time went by and I decided to get a nursery ready for her in a very tiny extra bathroom. The pic below is of her and the second set of pups that at the appropriate time got new homes. AND we made sure she was spayed after that.
Although I absolutely loved this dog, we couldn't keep her as she was quite the "runner" and upset neighbors quite often when she would "escape" from the house.
"Oliver with Dora and Tutu"
Isn't this just the cutest little kitten you've ever seen? My niece gave this cutie-pie kitten to her daughter shortly after her first kitty disappeared. I just love the name Oliver (Ollie, for short). He seems to fit the name quite well. This is the first pic I received of the "new addition" to her family. I'm guessing he was only a couple of months old then. Well, he certainly is in the pink with that adorable Dora chair and the pink tutu bear. Really, how cute is this? Can I hear everyone say Awwwwwww?
I'm guessing that Oliver is several months old in the picture below. He is so gorgeous but I'm not sure I would trust that face! LOL This is definitely his serious face or could it be a "watch out" face? Whatever is he thinking? Possibly "enough already with that camera"? Whatever his looks and disposition is, I see him as an absolutely handsome cat!
Oliver is now around three and a half years old and is residing with us. I can honestly say I didn't see that coming! He is still one of the most handsome cats I've ever had the pleasure of knowing/owning and that face? I fully understand that face now! It IS his "Alpha" face and you better watch out when he gives that look! All in all, he seems to like it here now that he's adjusted to another cat and dog in the same home he resides in. And I have to add that he presented us with some challenges like I've never had before in a pet. But little by little, I think he is winning our hearts...finally! It's true...cuteness is a cheap trick!
Well, I hope you all enjoy Pink Saturday and that you will take a look at the other entries at:

6 comments:

  1. My dearest Joan,

    Happy Pink Saturday -- your first one at that! :) I am happy that you decided to join the fun -- you will meet some of the nicest people around and are in for lots of gorgeous pink!

    You shared some wonderful pink photos -- I so enjoyed meeting Midnight and Ollie! :)

    Big hugs,
    Birgit

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the photos you selected to share with us. Have a rosey day. Happy Pink Saturday...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. Midnight and Oliver are precious - Welcome to Pink Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally precious kitty...and I can understand how some doggies can't live with us...they need to be in *wide open spaces* so they will be happy and us too. :0)

    My furbaby, Miss Morgan stepped in on my PiNk Saturday post today....do drop by when you have a free moment.

    Happy PiNk to you...may the PiNk bliss follow you through your week.

    ♥ Love & Faerie Dust ♥
    Stephanie

    PS: I follow the Collage Obsession blog..one day I'm going to participate. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome to your first Pink Saturday, Joan. I am glad you decided to participate.

    I enjoyed reading your stories. Our pets are quite dear.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog today! I hope you will come back again soon!