Aulga is ready for cold weather and is wearing her warm Scandinavian scarf hat with the cutest matching boots and is posing quite nicely in front of a very rare collage painting...artist unknown. LOL How my mind can wander in imagination land, right?
Ok, so on with the details...
I just love happy accidents! Every so often I click a filter and get surprising results. In this example, I took a collage ATC I had made a while back and decided to play with it in photoshop. The original collage had a frog instead of a cat so, of course, I just made the cat from custom shapes which I then enhanced with other filters, etc. When I went to play with the background, I tried neon glow and the first try was not good but the second try...with the same neon glow filter...voila! And sometimes this is how new creations are born! Now I'm sure not everyone will love it and that is ok because when you love your own art, it loves you right back and you know that because it provides a smile just for you. This one made me smile!
"Froida"
I learned of zentangles from a group I was in and fell in love with the concept and process. Although most of my zentangles are not colorized, I wanted to go wild with this one and I certainly think I did just that! I'm sure you can find out more about zentangles if you just type it into your favorite search engine. This is most definitely an "In the Zen" art therapy... from the initial doodling to the cleaning, coloring, and tweaking in photoshop. This allowed me to totally zone out which in turn provides me with complete relaxation.
These are two images I created for the Sunflower Festival held in New Mexico. The cats were not part of the images to begin with. The first image was from a sketch then scanned to photoshop for coloring and enhancements. I added the cats to make it a bit more whimsical. The second image is from an original ATC acrylic painting on watercolor paper. I added the cats, birds, and bubble today for fun. So, there you have it. These are my entries for the Sunday Postcard Challenge If you would like to take a look at other cat postcards, you can go to: www.sundaypostcardart.wordpress.com


oh you've been very busy! thank you for joining in with spa!
ReplyDelete