Tuesday, February 16, 2010

So Artful Challenge - Mardi Gras

"Celebrate Mardi Gras"
I have to say first that I'm not happy with the font results in this image. I spent an hour or so looking for what I thought would make the perfect font for this challenge only to struggle like heck to make it work. I will be changing it later but for now, here's what I've created for this Mardi Gras theme. I created this image using only Photoshop CS gradients, custom images, filters, effects, and a font from www.dafont.com.
You can view more Mardi Gras images at: http://jeanette-soartfulchallenges.blogspot.com
The site is still having problems loading for Explorer users but Firefox usually works...at least for most. I'm still having difficulty even with Firefox but perhaps it's just my computer acting up since it probably doesn't like me having both browsers open at the same time.
Also, for those of you who use a Photoshop program - you can find free fonts, brushes, textures, custom shapes, ect here: http://www.free4photoshop.com/
Hope you have a wonderfully creative week!

1 comment:

  1. Joan, A person is never late for one of Soartful's challenges. I'm so happy to get to see your wonderful creation. The colors that you chose are perfect. And, the font....it is really worth the effort....Beautiful.

    I've talked to Blogger about the IE problem. I hope it gets straightened out soon. They seem to have lots of problems with blogger and IE.

    Thanks for being Soartful.
    Jeanette

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog today! I hope you will come back again soon!